Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh, the holidays!

We celebrated Thanksgiving in Barling at Joe and Christie's house. There is nothing like good food and great family! Grandma Bertha made the turkey as usual and I brought the deviled eggs and some yummy pumpkin cheesecake. Christie and her family brought all the other sides.



Check out the turkey shirt I made for Samir!


That weekend we went to Paris to stay with mom. Paris had their annual lighting ceremony followed by a Christmas parade. Samir didn't decide he liked the parade until it was almost over!



We also recently went to Holiday Market here in Fort Smith. I wasn't as impressed with the shopping as much as I was last year, but the children's area had a lot more to do. Samir got a snack, his face painted, saw a concert and saw Santa. He refused to sit on Santa's lap, so I had to be in our picture. I guess that jolly old guy isn't amusing at his age!






Mom and I took Samir to see Alice in Wonderland. It was performed musical style, with puppets that were nine feet tall! We enjoyed it, but once again, the puppets scared Samir.

Samir's 18 month check up went well. He weighs in at 24 pounds 2 ounces and is 33 1/2 inches tall....growing SO quickly!