As I checked on the boys tonight, I was overcome with such a sense of pride that I feel compelled to write this. It's sappy, so if you're not in the mood for sap, I'd close this :)
I believe it takes a special person to be a mom. It surely takes a special blessing from God to have children. Don't get me wrong, raising kids can be trying sometimes, it can even get down right ugly! Especially with two rough and tumble boys. There are certain facts that I have learned to accept and cherish through this journey, and I am positive there will be many more.
My house is typically not clean. Unless the boys are asleep. But it's messy again as soon as they're awake.
I am overrun with cars, trains, airplanes, superheroes, etc.
I have to vacuum my car at least once a week.
My toilets, well, I have boys, so......
I wrestle on a regular basis.
I am pushed to the edge often.
I have found strength in me that I didn't know existed.
I smile when jokingly called a "mama bear"
I have two reasons for being the best me I can me-and they're both under four feet tall.
Confession: I never thought I would enjoy boys so much. I was the one who loved hairbows and the color pink. The bond between mother and son is something truly special. I cannot begin to describe it. My heart tripled in size the days my boys were born. I swell with pride as I watch them learn and grow. They are loud, rambunctious.....and perfectly lovable. There isn't a thing I wouldn't do for them.



