We made chocolate covered marshmallows. These were actually red, white and blue marshmallows I meant to do before we left, but they worked.
I put the marshmallows on toothpicks and let Samir dip them into the chocolate. For the non-campers such as myself, I thought next time we might also dip them into graham cracker crumbs and have imitation s'mores.
I had bought some wooden picture frames at Michael's previously and thought they would be a good setting for the shells from our vacation. You could do anything with those frames, decoupage, paint, color...the possibilities are endless!
Our tie dyed cookies.....not really sure why I didn't take a picture after they were baked, but they were cute! We used pre-packaged cookie dough, because, well, I like shortcuts! Then you add food dye to it, which you can get at any arts and crafts store and most grocery stores. Roll each color out into ropes and cut, twist, whatever to get the look you like. Just be careful not to let your colors mix!
Milk carton bird house. I saw this in a magazine recently and thought how simple and perfect for my bird-crazed boy! Clean an emtpy milk carton, paint it, put a roof on, cut a hole, add birdseed and voila! The roof could be made with twigs from the yard, but I had popsicle sticks.
Due to coverage issues, I thought next time we might wrap it in paper and then let Samir decorate it.
Spin art....much thanks to my friend Patty for passing us her salad spinner instead of trashing it! For this, put a coffee filter in the bottom of a salad spinner. Use watered down paint and squirt it onto the filter.
Then put the lid on and spin, spin, spin!
These are four of the ones Samir did, but he had so much fun spinning that thing, he actually did about ten!
I leave you with my big cheese!