Since Samir is all about Christmas this year, I'm making us a countdown to Christmas calendar. I'm not sure how this is going to come together in the end, but I'm thinking something crafty! I've been scouring my usual go to blogs and have come up with quite a few ideas. For now, I'm going to share with you our day ideas. Some of them are on specific days, but most are sprinkled throughout the month. Feel free to borrow some or all!
1. Make a soda bottle tree
2. Make a snowman family
3. Bake cookies and decorate
4. Go see the lights on the square in Paris
5. Make a paper chain
6. Christmas storytime at the library
7. Wrap gifts
8. Make salt dough ornaments
9. Decorate ornaments
10. Ride the train at Creekmore Park
11. Drive around town and see the lights
12. Make canvas prints to give as gifts
13. Go out for ice cream
14. Read Christmas books together
15. Make a gingerbread house....well, okay, decorate a premade one :)
16. Make paper snowflakes
17. Make thank you notes
18. Watch a Christmas movie and eat popcorn before bed
19. Take a bubble bath in the whirlpool tub
20. Make hot chocolate and play board games
21. Make candy cane reindeer
22. Make a pinecone bird feeder
23. Make jar candle holder
24. Make reindeer food and sprinkle outside
25. CHRISTMAS!!!
I have a few extra on back-up, just in case.
26. Winter/Christmas sticker complete the pictures
27. Winter handprint scene
Let me know what you think and be on the lookout for our completed calendar!