Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break

Over Spring break, Oussama went to Morocco to visit his family. We missed him as much as he missed us. He neglected to take pictures, though, so I have nothing to post for his trip! Britney and I took Samir and Bryleigh to Saint Louis for four days, so I have plenty of those pictures to post! The first day, we arrived and got settled in, did a little shopping and then it was bedtime. The second day we went to the zoo, which is one of the largest in the country.

We rode the train, which Samir liked a lot!



Samir also enjoyed the penguins. I think we all did, really. How can you not like those little guys?!



We went to the Build-A-Bear at the zoo. This is the second time he's ever been to a Build-A-Bear workshop and he did much better this time around. He understood my instructions a lot more, though, because he's older. I'm sure that helped!



Samir and those goats....he LOVED them! I mean, loved them. he could have spent all day in that goat corral and been perfectly happy. He wasn't scared a bit.


We tuckered Samir out that day :)


After the zoo, we still had some daylight left, so we went exploring downtown. Busch Stadium was clearly a stop!

The next day, we went to the arch. Let me tell you, I think I about had a heart attack riding up to that thing! My heart was racing, I was sweating, it was HORRIBLE! I would totally do it again though! 630 feet above ground and I lived to say I did it!





downtown Saint Louis

That day, we also went to the Magic House, which is the children's museum. It was so awesome and had a lot of things for the kids to do. Totally hands-on!







The last day there, we went to the City Museum and Aquarium. The aquarium was fun, however the city museum was a total bust for us. There wasn't anything there that Samir could really do and it was overrun with teenagers EVERYWHERE. Not a great experience on our last day :(



Checking out the turtles!





There was a toddler ball pit, but there were so many kids in there that were older and bigger than Samir that I had to take him out. He really liked it though, so as soon as I took him out, he had a huge meltdown!

We arrived home Thursday night, and I have never been happier to be home. The trip was a lot of fun, but you can't beat your own home and your own bed!