Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring is officially here! I love this weather, the smell of cut grass, opening the windows, snow cones...well, I love just about all of it! Samir's favorite part would have to be playing outside. He has been so worn out the past couple of days! He's been eating supper almost as soon as he gets home from school, then playing outside, eating a few bites of our supper as a snack, taking a bath and going straight to bed. Not that I'm complaining at all, because he's been sleeping so well!
A few signs of spring.....

Our first attempt at growing something this year. I by no means have a green thumb, but I think it's important to try. Samir needs to learn how things grow and, if it doesn't, that sometimes things don't go as planned! Grandma picked these up for us at Lowe's. They are actually Sesame Street brand greenhouses that you start the seeds in and then transplant the sprouts. Everything you need comes with them and they're some of Samir's favorite characters? Yes please! We got peppers, baby watermelons and tomatoes as starters.





Samir and Lily waiting ever so patiently on Daddy to finish mowing. This is literally the longest I've seen Samir sit still without being belted down! He wanted to help, but only when the mower was turned off of course. And Lily, well, she's pretty vicious until the mower starts making noise!