Saturday, February 26, 2011

Just One Big Update


Who's up for a long, picture loaded blog update? I see you raising your hand right now :) I've fallen behind on blogging recently because, well, life has just happened. We found out last week that we are having a baby boy. Samir really wanted a baby sister, but he's coming around to this whole baby brother thing. We've been letting him help us throw some names around and pick out some clothes. I think he will be an awesome big brother! Two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. No big surprise, I had it with Samir and knew that there was a greater than average chance of having it again. Hopefully I can manage it with diet like I did the first time around. This week has really been a sleepless blur. Wednesday morning Samir was cranky and clingy, so I thought something might be up. Sure enough, daycare called at lunchtime and he had a fever of 103. We went home and he slept three hours. He was still roasting even after Tylenol so I went ahead and took him to the walk-in clinic. He had an upper respiratory infection. So for the next THREE days, his fever didn't drop below 101, no matter the Tylenol, ibuprofen and antibiotics he was on. He began feeling better today, but still isn't 100% Samir.
 Here's the past couple of weeks, in pictures.


Riding his bike, wearing Momma's
sunglasses


Playing at Chuck E. Cheese



His first trip to the dentist. Samir did so
well with the dentist, but wasn't a fan of
the dental hygienist!


The mad scientist at Chick-Fil-A


Listening very intently to the mad scientist


Fun with dry ice


Playing putt putt


Yep, that's the next Tiger Woods!


Why waste your time with a club
when you can just throw it in the hole?

Samir's first go kart ride

And he LOVED it!!