Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wild Wilderness Safari



Today we took Samir to the Wild Wilderness Safari in Gentry. It was such a blast for the entire family! The weather was perfect for being outside all day.


Samir LOVED the goats! I was so proud...he wasn't scared of anything in the petting area.


This big guy was Samir's favorite. He was all about the food though, so it was a little hard to get a good petting in. If you've never petted a pot belly pig, they have some of the coarsest hair I've ever felt!


The goats attacking Sama :)





See? No fear in that boy!





How could you not love a baby monkey? Especially in their little pampers!


In the monkey cage....this is the nice monkey. The other one, well, not so much. He bit Sama, tried to steal Samir's shoes and then, in the blink of an eye, grabs Samir's lower lip, yanks it out, and chomps down on it. Not a pleasant experience. Samir just started crying to go back to the baby monkeys. I had to agree!


This baby monkey was named Piper and she was the sweetest little thing!


These were a type of deer (I can't remember the exact name) and they were quite lovable. I was really impressed with all the animals and their great interactions with humans.


"Whatcha got there?"





Helping Daddy drive through the safari


These animals were not scared of the cars at all....


.....including this zebra, who stuck its snout on in!


This is the camel after he slobbered on the door and figured out it wasn't food!


The scariest part of the drive! A herd of buffalo surrounded our car, one rubbing its head on the front of car and making it rock, another using the side mirrors as scratching posts and still another trying to chew on the door handle! We were stuck there for almost twenty minutes!





A little prarie dog

All in all, I totally recommend this place! This was our first time to go and we plan on returning. It's not a long drive and you could spend all day there if you wanted. Just watch out for monkeys picking your pockets!